If I’m being honest, Summer is my season. The weather is beautiful, there are food events and concerts every weekend, and everyone seems to be in a better mood. I’ve never been one to celebrate the weather cool down, impending daylight savings, or the over rated Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I must say, I am really looking forward to the Fall season this year. This is for a variety of reasons, some of which may seem basic and mundane to most, but to some of my spirit animals, fellow sufferers of Mercury in retrograde, and proud Snuggie® owners, you just might find something you like on my Fall 2016 favorites list.
- Fall 2016 is all about cozy sweatshirts: Between the ‘Hocus Pocus’ design from A Beautiful Mess and Oui Fresh, Spirit Animal design from Bean Goods, and my personal favorite from Esplanade Brand Co., I’ll be comfy all season long.
2. Fall 2016 is about the Apple Sage Latte: Yes, you read that correctly. Skip the artificial pumpkin flavor in your latte this season, and visit the gram-worthy Neat Coffee in Costa Mesa. It’s in a very unassuming location, but you can’t beat the house made seasonal syrups, neighborhood feel, and personable customer service.
3. Fall 2016 is all about Mules: I am obsessed with these Steve Madden slingback mules. They are the perfect transition shoe for Fall, and on those awkward Fall/Winter warm days in SoCal, I’ll be able to rock these all year long. Try and stop me.
4. Fall 2016 is all about Gilmore Girls: Anyone else counting down the days until the reboot? Mark your calendars for November 25th, and get your coffee maker ready for the ultimate Netflix marathon.
5. Fall 2016 is all about cozy cocktails: As I was scrolling through Pinterest over the weekend, I found an Apple Cider Moscow Mule recipe, from the gals of Home Made Interest, that I am dying to try.
6. Fall 2016 is all about new food: Come on, you didn’t think I could go an entire post without talking about some of the anticipated restaurant openings coming up. Even though many of these are pending dates, I can already let you know that I am fully booked all season based on the openings of Kismet, Mr. Holmes Bakehouse, and Cosa Buona.
7. Fall 2016 is all about bulking up for the Winter: Seriously though… If you are guilty of ending a stressful day with ice cream and a spoon, do yourself a favor and reach for Tillamook‘s Super Premium flavors. They are better than other name brands, and will satisfy your sweet tooth in just a few spoonfuls, not the full pint (if it still takes the full pint for you to recover from your day, I don’t judge you).
Keep in mind, Fall is more than sweaters and lattes. I will be using this season to hit the ‘reset’ button. I plan on getting a head start on my 2017 resolutions, and clearing my head before the busy holiday season. Fall is about not feeling bad about a lazy Sunday watching football, reading a new book every week, waking up early to enjoy the newly brisk mornings, and spending time with the ones you love (even if that still involved photo ops at the Pumpkin Patch or going way too early Christmas decoration shopping at Target)…
Let the countdown to September 22nd begin!